Thursday, 3 October 2013

Baking mode on!

Lately I've been baking a lot. Not much, just enough to sell to my brother's colleagues. I never thought that baking muffin is so easy. As simple as ABC. 

What I've been baking is simple choc chip muffin. I don't know how real muffins taste, but I prefer mine less sweet, soft and moist. YUM! Describing it makes me drooling too. LOL. 

I got this recepi for basic muffin where you can customize the flavour according to your preference. I like chocolate, so I made Choc Chip Muffin. 

See how gorgeous it rise and crack. Its rich in choc chip too! YUM.. 
I made some twist from the original recipe since I want my muffin soft and moist. Here I'll share the original recipe. 

SOFT & MOIST CHOC CHIP MUFFIN

A:
2 cups of self raising flour
1 cup of castor sugar (I used 3/4 brown sugar for moist and reduce sweetness)
1 tsp salt (I didn't add in because I'm using salted butter)

B:
1/3 cup cooking oil (I switch to melted butter for a soft result)
3/4 milk (If you don't have any, can mix 2 tbsp condensed milk or milk powder with plain water)
1 large egg

Main Ingredient:
1 cup choc chip 

Method:
  1. Sift all in A in a large bowl. Add in Main ingredient. Put aside.
  2. Mix all in B in a jug.
  3. Make a well in the large bowl. Fold in mixture in 2 using a spatula just to get the mixture wet. Make sure not to over mix it.
  4. Scoop 1/3 cup mixture into lined muffin cup and smooth the top.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes at 160 degree Celsius.
  6. Leave cool in tray for 5 minutes and then cool on wire rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment